The World Ethical Apparel Roundtable – WEAR – is a two-day conference taking place in Toronto at Evergreen Brick Works. The first conference of its kind in Canada, WEAR will bring together apparel brands and retailers, sustainability experts, NGOs and academia to share best practices, build relationships and tackle the social and environmental challenges facing the industry today.
Keynote Speakers include Ian Spaulding of Elevate/Alliance and Tom Smith of SEDEX.
Our panel discussions will explore the following topics:
- Creating Shared Value & Profitability Through Sustainable Business Practices
- The Evolution of Social Standards & Systems; Navigating Change
- Make Fair, Buy Fair; Responsible Supply Chain Practices from Design through Delivery
- Supply Chain Transparency; Tools and Trends in Visibility & Risk Management
- Sustainability & Innovation; Design & Manufacturing for the Future Now
- Communicating the Sustainability Story; Impacts, Perceptions & Greenwashing
Who Should Attend? Apparel industry organizations, academia, government officials, design directors, independent designers, marketing and public relations executives, retailers, suppliers, sustainability and CSR managers, operations managers and brand managers.